Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Wannabe

I ran errands yesterday afternoon and went for a 4 mile run around my neighborhood. I ate a Kind Bar as pre-run fuel and snacked on some berries when I got back. My Tory Burch purse was waiting for me when I returned from my run!



I celebrated St. Patrick's Day with Cameron. We ate dinner at Cocina Superior, and I ordered a Dos Equis Amber, my favorite Mexican beer.  I snacked on chips and salsa and ordered a Baja Veggie Quesadilla as my main course. It was served on a whole-wheat tortilla and was filled with black beans, corn, mushrooms, broccoli, and squash. I was pretty hungry by the time we sat down to eat at 9 PM, so I ate most of it. I love a good quesadilla!

Afterwards, we went to Innisfree Irish Pub (there's one in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham). We didn't stay for long though, because it was so crowded you could barely move. Not my scene at all. We went to Dram Whiskey Bar instead, which was much more our speed. We sat and chatted about our lives, the future, and post-graduation plans (still a big question mark). Decisions, decisions.



I made a bowl of oatmeal when I woke up this morning. In the mix: 1/2 C oats, 1/2 C skim milk, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, dry roasted unsalted almonds (from Trader Joe's), and a spoonful of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I drank coffee and watched this week's episode of Glee as I ate my breakfast.


I'm trying to get back on track with my half-marathon training schedule, so I went for a 6 mile run around my neighborhood. I stopped by my house for a water break after the first 3 miles. It was pretty hot outside, and I wanted to make sure I didn't get dehydrated. I ate sliced Pink Lady after my run. 

Lunch was a Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger on an Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin with organic ketchup, dijon mustard, tomato, spinach, and avocado. I had strawberry Fage Total 0% Greek yogurt with grapes and strawberries on the side. I also had a little Salazon Chocolate Co. Organic Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt & Crushed Organic Coffee for dessert. Yum!



While I was driving today, "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls came on the radio. It totally made my day!
I'm going to dinner tonight with two of my cousins at Seoul, a Korean restaurant that one of my cousins wants to try. I've never had Korean food before, but I'm always up for trying something new!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment