Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Surprise Baby

Guess who found the baby in the King Cake today????

Yep. I'll be hosting next year's Mardi Gras celebration!

I assembled today's breakfast using vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt as the base. I added in Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Iz granola, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, and Justin's chocolate almond butter. This is such an easy breakfast to throw together and totally satisfying!


Lunch was a big salad containing diced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, walnuts, a mix of dried cranberries and golden raisins, and broccoli salad drizzled with a little balsamic vinaigrette.


A side of cantaloupe


And a graham cracker using the last of my Justin's chocolate almond butter.


I ate a Golden Delicious apple and a handful of Quaker Oatmeal Squares as a snack, and I met Mary Alice for a late afternoon run around campus after class was over for the day. I mapped our run, and it came out to be about 3.5 miles. I picked up dinner at Newk's Cafe, a staple restaurant in my college diet. I got half of the chicken pesto sandwich with the tomato basil soup.


I'm watching The Bachelor: The Women Tell All right now. Should be dramatic! I foresee a few Dove dark chocolates with almonds and hot tea later in the night.

I have a pretty laid back week, so I can't complain. I will be staying here this time next week!

Have a good night!


2 comments:

  1. First, I am so excited to be in NYC with you in just a few days! WAHOOO!! Second, you better throw a good Mardi Gras party next year, since we will probably be together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the baby in a king cake this year, too!

    ReplyDelete