Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Rest of My Weekend

Once I got to Birmingham, I met my parents for lunch at Zoe's Kitchen. I ordered the Greek Salad and added grilled chicken. Love the pita bread, caramelized onions, and potato salad hidden on the bottom of the salad!


I ran a few errands, got fitted for my bridesmaid dress, and watched TV at home. I went to my favorite restaurant, Bottega Cafe, for dinner! Sometimes I like to order two appetizers instead of one entree while eating out. Dinner may seem a little random, but I liked being able to try a couple of different items. My dad and I split the Baked Feta to start, which came with spicy marinara and toasted focaccia bread. I ordered the Baked Farm Eggs as my main dish. The eggs were baked over leeks, polenta, and pancetta. Savory and satisfying! At dinner, we discussed our family trip to Paris and London after my graduation in May!!!


Bottega has the best bread!



We thought about ordering a dessert to split 3 ways but nothing really caught our eye, and we didn't really want a heavy dessert. Instead, we went to Mountain Brook Creamery for only 8 yogurt. I got a small cup of strawberry, except it wasn't really that small. I still ate every bite!


After dinner, I headed back to Tuscaloosa and met up with some friends at Innisfree (aka "The Free"). This seems to be my place of the week. 

I watched a podcast this morning, while eating a bowl of 3/4 C Quaker Oatmeal Squares, 1/4 C Barbara's PB Puffins, 1/2 C skim milk, and blueberries. I relaxed all morning and caught up on blogs. 



Lunch was an Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin topped with Justin's Maple AB and sliced banana. I had strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt and Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips on the side.



I studied and worked on homework all afternoon at Panera Bread, went to Target, and made a 6 PM meeting. I drank coffee and ate a Bartlett Pear and handful of almonds + dried cranberries somewhere in the middle of that. After my meeting was over, I got dinner to-go at Chipotle. I was craving the Veggie Burrito Bowl! I filled my bowl with cilantro lime rice, black beans, fajita veggies, salsa, a little cheese, and guac. So good!


Hope you enjoy the last bit of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Bottega looked so good!! You know I am jealous:) We will make a date the next time we are both in town. I hope you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness! As I was typing my comment your blog changed! TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete