Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Reality

It's been a nice break, but it's time to get back into a regular routine. I only have 6 more weeks left until I graduate. I'm going to pick up my cap and gown later this week. Scary!

Last night I met Callie at Yogurt Twists and got a mix of espresso and praline yogurt topped with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and coconut. I still haven't been feeling 100% and went straight to bed when I got home. I got 10 hours of sleep!


Breakfast was a mix of Oikos Greek yogurt, a sliced banana, blueberries, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, slivered almonds, and TJ's Sunflower Butter.


I spent all morning packing and loading my car. I knew I wanted Whole Foods one last time before I headed back to school. I got the salad bar with romaine, corn and black bean salad, beets, spinach and orzo, kale energy salad, black eyed pea salad, and egg salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I really debated about getting a Vegan Almond Cookie for dessert, but I felt like I've been eating a lot of sugar lately and chose an Almond & Apricot Kind Bar instead. It turns out Laura was at Whole Foods today too and got the Vegan Almond Cookie! She said it was amazing. Oh well, there's always next time.


I hit the road after I finished lunch. I spent the afternoon unpacking and getting settled back in my room. I ate a Bartlett pear spread with a little of Justin's Maple Almond Butter as a snack. I have an Italian essay and a finance assignment due tomorrow, and it is so hard motivating myself to do homework. I re-introduced poultry back into my diet tonight and got grilled chicken, romaine, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and taziki sauce on a whole wheat pita from Pita Pit. No knives at the sorority house, so I improvised with a fork. I had some Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips on the side.


Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Love the vegan almond cookies! I had one a few weeks ago and thought it was wonderful. I've been wanting to try Food Should Taste Good chips. Are they worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big chip person, and I really like them! I got to sample all the different flavors at the ADA Conference in Boston earlier this year. My favorite is the sweet potato, but I also like lime, multigrain, olive, and cheddar.

    ReplyDelete