Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Home Again

Happy St. Patty's Day! I'm back in Birmingham. Our flight got in about 11 PM, and I crashed as soon as I got home at midnight. We spent our last day in New York eating brunch at the Plaza and doing some last minute sight-seeing. I ate a banana with a packet of Barney Butter when I woke up yesterday, since brunch was't until 10:30.

Laura and I

The lobby of The Plaza was so pretty!


I was ready for coffee! I drank a whole pot by myself.

I ordered the Plaza Omelet. It was filled with smoked salmon, spinach, and goat cheese. It came with a side of oven roasted potatoes and a broiled tomato. I cleaned my plate!


We said our last goodbyes to the New York Athletic Club!



We went to Magnolia Bakery for an afternoon treat, and I got the very last Carrot Cupcake of the day!

We grabbed a quick dinner at Europa Cafe before heading to the airport. I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan Pressata and a cup of lentil soup. I ended my trip with a glass of Tempranillo from Le Pain Quotidien, of course!

I slept in this morning until 10 AM (really late for me). I made a bowl of "instant oats" for breakfast. It consisted of strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt, 1/2 C rolled oats, a sliced banana, a handful of Cascadian Farms Oats and Honey granola, and a spoonful of my new Trader Joe's Sunflower Butter.

I'm currently blogging from Whole Foods, because my internet connection at home is down.
I just stopped for a lunch break. I made a big salad filled with kale energy salad, wheatberry salad, spinach orzo, portobello pasta salad, broccoli pomodoro, and tuna salad drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.


Have a great afternoon!




2 comments:

  1. Haha we both had Whole Foods pretty much right when we got back! I'm way bummed that I missed out on Cafe Europa. That eggplant thing looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete