Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seoul

The verdict? Korean food is GOOD!

We started out with an appetizer called Man Du, which was basically veggie dumplings.


I ordered Bibimbap, which translates to "mixed meal" in Korean. It was a rice bowl filled with veggies, tofu, and a fried egg served in a hot stone bowl. The bottom of the bowl is coated with sesame oil, which makes the rice touching the bottom of the bowl brown and crispy. It also came with a cup of soup. I really enjoyed my meal!

We hung out at Chez Lulu after dinner. I had a cup of Stash Jasmine Blossom Green Tea and split the Pear Almond Tarte with one of my cousins.



Breakfast this morning was a mix of Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon, Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins, Cascadian Farms Oats and Honey granola, 1/2 C skim milk, a sliced banana, and blueberries.

I had a pretty lazy Saturday morning lounging on the couch and watching The Hangover on TV. Lunch was 2 slices of Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains bread spread with Justin's Maple Almond Butter and Stonewall Kitchen Bellini Jam with Chobani Greek yogurt and grapes on the side.


It was such a beautiful day that I went on an hour walk around my neighborhood after lunch. I also spent some time at Barnes and Noble, which is one of my favorite activities. I got The Last American Man by Elizabeth Gilbert, a book that one of my cousins recommended to me last night. I read the first chapter and like it so far! I snacked on a half of a large Gala apple and a handful of cashews, almonds, and dried cranberries.



I picked up dinner at Taziki's Greek Fare. I got the Fresh Catch Sandwich (tilapia) with cucumber and tomato salad. I've eaten a pescetarian diet for the last week and have really liked it. However, I don't think this will be feasible for me to continue once I get back to school, but we'll see! 


I ran into Callie and Laura, two of my sorority sisters, while I was there! Callie and I made plans to go to Yogurt Twist later in the evening. It's still a work in progress, but check out my new "About Me" section. Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day! I am so jealous you made it to Chez Lulu!Also, I would love to try the new Korean restaurant! It looked yummy:)

    ReplyDelete