Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sweet Potatoes & Squash

It's Wednesday night, and I'm ready for trivia! Rain + two tests makes for a not very fun day.

I switched things up for breakfast by having a toasted Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin spread with PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful and a sliced banana. I sprinkled chia seeds over the top after I snapped the photo.


I grabbed a quick lunch in a to-go box and ate upstairs in the "study room", while I reviewed problems for my math test. Lunch was Garlic Beef and Broccoli and salad consisting of mixed greens, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, sunflower seeds, and raisins. I dressed the salad with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. I also ate a Peanut Butter Pretzel Clif Mojo Bar. I met with one of my teachers this afternoon to discuss job opportunities, and she was really encouraging and helpful!



After my tests were over for the day, I ate a Pink Lady and went to the Rec Center for a workout of 45 minutes on the arc trainer and 20 on the bike. I came back to the sorority house just in time for dinner, which was bourbon glazed pork chops, squash, and sweet potatoes (I sprinkled a little brown sugar and cinnamon on top). The squash and sweet potatoes were the highlights of the dinner. Two of my favorite vegetables (and in the same meal)! The pork chops were actually really good too but hard to cut with plastic knives. We all reverted back to our primitive ways and decided to just use our hands when necessary (no judging involved)!


Katie, Laura, and I just returned from Yogurt Lab, which is also starting to become a Wednesday night tradition. I got a mix of cookies and cream and peanut butter yogurt topped with Iz granola, a mini butterscotch cookie, and a few mini PB cups.


Off to finish getting ready. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment