Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My First 10k

I did it! And, you know what? It felt GOOD! I set my alarm clock for 6:30 this morning and headed straight to Starbucks to get a coffee before my run. Oh, the things I do for caffeine. I also ate a banana with a very generous spoonful of Justin's Maple AB and a handful of dried cranberries. I loved the laid back atmosphere of the race, the weather was great, and the terrain was flat. Mary Alice and I ran the whole thing together and chatted the whole time. It was quite enjoyable! I started to fade at the end, and I was so thankful to have MA there to keep me motivated. We finished strong and our time was 57:35, which I was ecstatic about! I just wanted to finish in under an hour. Lots of yummy food was provided after the race! I had a Whole Grain bagel from Panera Bread with hazelnut cream cheese, a mix of grapes and strawberries, and more coffee. I also grabbed two Clif Mojo Bars for later.

Cardinal Park

Best bagel I've had in awhile!

Feelin' good! And sporting my new jacket from Lululemon!

It's Panhellenic Weekend, which is a sorority rush preview for high school seniors. Because they will be touring all of the sorority houses, we are not allowed to enter or leave the sorority houses from 12-6:30. We either have to stay in the house all day or go somewhere else. I don't feel like being confined for 6 1/2 hours, so I'm off to Birmingham for the day. Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment