Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Puppy Love

It's been a busy and fun-filled day! My mom and I went to visit a family friend this morning who just got a new Great Dane puppy! We came bearing breakfast from Continental Bakery. I got a toasted whole-wheat bagel with a side of peanut butter and a large coffee. Breakfast was a little later than I am used to, so I ate an orange when I woke up to tide me over.







Playing with the puppy, Flirt!

After we left, my mom and I went to lunch with my cousin, Sarah. We ate at Dodiyo's, a Mediterranean restaurant. My cousin is moving to Washington D.C. in a few weeks, so we wanted to have a farewell lunch. We're also planning to hang out when I get back from NYC. I ordered one of today's specials, the Santorini Salad. The waiter was so enthusiastic about this salad, I couldn't help but try it! It was filled with grilled shrimp, marcona almonds, goat cheese, and roasted red peppers- a wonderful combination of flavors!

Bread + feta spread to start. This stuff is amazing!


After lunch, I went to Target to pick up a few things for my trip. I also went to the gym for a 45 minute workout on the arc trainer and 15 minutes on the bike. I ate a sliced Fuji apple before I left.


My brother came home from Auburn today, so we had our first family dinner since Christmas break. We went to Stone's Throw Bar & Grill. I had never been before, and I love trying new restaurants! I had such a hard time deciding what to order because everything looked so good. My mom and dad ordered two of the things I was considering, so I thought I would be different and order my third option. My dad ordered a vegetable plate consisting of spinach, rapini, black eyed peas, and roasted potatoes and my mom ordered a four cheese flatbread. I ended up ordering the chicken tortilla soup with the beet and avocado salad. The salad also had smoked salmon!




The salad was a little smaller than I was anticipating, but I tried a slice of my mom's four cheese flatbread! I also had a mini cornbread muffin and some of my dad's rapini (a broccoli-like vegetable). So, I got to try a little taste of everything! The lighting was dark in both of the restaurants, so my pictures didn't turn out as good as I hoped.

I absolutely hate packing! I'm finally finished, but I never know if I have everything I need. I have a super early wakeup call in the morning at 3:15 AM! My friend Cameron's dad is taking us to the airport at 4:15 to make our 6:00 AM flight.

Good night and hope you are enjoying your Spring Break!

1 comment: