Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Candle 79

It's been such a busy day! I'll have to give you a recap of everything that has happened over the past couple of days in two parts. Here's everything that happened last night up until this afternoon:

We went to our new favorite place, Le Pain Quotidien, for a glass of organic rosé wine before dinner! 



We ate dinner at Buddakan, a trendy Thai restaurant in Chelsea. It's where Carrie had her rehearsal dinner in Sex and the City!


I ordered the Black Bean Silken Tofu. It came with kabocha squash and shishito peppers. It was my first time to order tofu in a restaurant, and I loved it!

We also ordered asian green stir fry, charred asparagus, and vegetable rice with a coconut curry sauce to share around the table! We all started with the edamame dumplings as an appetizer. The edamame was pureed inside the dumpling. Favorite dinner of the trip!

We all split the Almond Bread Pudding for dessert. It came with maple butterscotch, bananas, and whiskey ice cream. I think the ice cream was my favorite part of the dessert!

All the girls at Buddakan

After dinner, we hung out at an Irish Pub called Fiddlestick's in Greenwich Village. I ordered the Goose Island I.P.A.
Ann and I

We ate breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien for the second day in a row. I ordered the Harvest Porridge, which consisted of farro, almond milk, strawberries, chopped nuts, and a little praline spread.



 AnnLaura, and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art after breakfast this morning. 


After we finished up at the museum, it was time for lunch. Ann's Local Eats application on her iPhone helped us find Candle 79, a contemporary vegetarian restaurant in the Upper East Side. I ordered a black bean and pumpkin seed burger that came with polenta fries and chipotle ketchup. SO YUM! Laura and Ann both ordered a stuffed avocado salad that looked great as well. I highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the NYC area!

We had fun looking around in FAO Schwarz!


I came out with a little stuffed bunny that I named Emma. My friend Cameron bought one too and named her Elouise.

Of course, we had to take a peek in Tiffany's!

And Dylan's Candy Bar!

I got a mix of dark chocolate cashews, dark chocolate almonds, milk chocolate raisins, and peanut butter malt balls.

Walking through Central Park

Check back later for updates from tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment