Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casual & Comfortable

Trivia was a blast as always! I went with Rebekah, Katie, and Cameron and met up with Jody, Mary Alice, and Katherine. We merged together to form a dominant team. We didn't win, but I think that's just because we don't cheat!

We went for comfort last night! T-shirts were a great call.


I woke up early this morning to study for my Italian quiz and mixed Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, 1/2 sliced banana, 1 T chia seeds, and Justin's Maple AB together for a warm and filling breakfast. I could eat this every day and never get sick of it!


Lunch was a stuffed pasta shell with marinara sauce and big salad. I topped my salad with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli salad and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. I also had a bowl of cantaloupe, honeydew, and grapes for dessert.





I'm trying to keep all my options open, so I worked on my graduate school application all afternoon. I finally submitted it, and it's due tomorrow! Procrastination much? During the process, I stopped for a coffee break and had a snack of lemon Chobani Greek yogurt with slivered almonds and strawberries. The lemon flavor has a "pulpy" texture that I really like.


I went to the Rec Center and ran 4.5 miles around the indoor track. It was a little boring and repetitive, but I didn't feel like running outside today (still too cold for me). Exercise really is the best stress reliever! I felt so energized when I left. 

While I was out, I picked up a veggie wrap from the refrigerated section at Manna for dinner. It came on a spinach wrap and was stuffed full with veggies. I heated it up in the microwave before eating it. Sadly, I didn't love it! Maybe it was the massive artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese? I kinda picked it apart and ate what I wanted. I did like the guacamole, spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers! It was decent, but I probably wouldn't get it again. In addition, I had a handful of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips. The perfect way to satisfy my salty cravings!


And then to satisfy my sweet cravings, Rebekah and I walked to Yogurt Lab. They had these coupons at the sorority house, so how could we resist? Look, it even says highly nutritious.


I got a mix of angel food cake and red velvet cake yogurt with toasted coconut, pecansmochi, and Ashley Mac's strawberry cake (got so excited when I saw this was a topping!!!). Frozen yogurt is just so good! I love that you can always be creative with flavors and toppings now that most yogurt stores are self-serve.


Now I'm sitting in my pj's and sipping Stash Peppermint Hot Tea. I'm thinking about relaxing with either a book or a movie.

I don't have class tomorrow, and I'm going to the Avett Brothers and Band of Horses concert with Mary Alice! My parents are coming for Alpha Chi Parent's Weekend on Saturday, and we're going to dinner at Evangeline's with Cameron and her parents. Fun times are ahead!

My 8 AM class ended for the semester today! I also found out I don't have class next Thursday or Friday and am planning a trip to Nashville with Laura and Ann. April is going to be a good month:)

No comments:

Post a Comment