Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Salad Scare

Brrrr! Another cold(ish) and dreary day in Tuscaloosa (it felt like summer last week), but that's fickle Alabama weather for ya. I warmed up with Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 sliced banana, and 1/2 packet Justin's Honey PB.


After my morning classes, I went to Manna with my mom and grandmother for our weekly lunch. We beat the crowd by getting there at 11, but it was packed by the time we left at 12! I got the Black Bean Burger with a side of fresh fruit (cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes). It came on a whole grain bun and was topped with melted cheese, avocado slices, lettuce, tomato, and salsa. I smothered my burger in organic ketchup after the picture was taken. I would definitely order this again!

A little gem hidden in Tuscaloosa!


Mid-afternoon snack was a Pink Lady with the rest of my Justin's Honey PB packet + Quaker Oatmeal Squares. After photography class was over, Mary Alice and I went for a 3 mile run around downtown Tuscaloosa. I finished up by running 2 miles by myself around The Quad. After talking with a teacher today, we found out we placed 2nd and 3rd in our age group in the 10k on Saturday!

Afterwards I ate my late plate of chicken parm, linguini, garlic bread, and tossed salad. The salad consisted of mixed greens, strawberries, walnuts, feta, and...ham. EWWW! Ham?!?! Who eats ham on a salad? Especially one with fruit and nuts? I still wanted the salad (and it was good sans the ham), so I tried to eat around it but was seriously grossed out. I'm currently eating pomegranate Chobani Greek yogurt + strawberries as a dessert/study snack.


It looks normal, right? Don't be deceived!


I have a busy night of studying for my two tests tomorrow, but I'm home free after that!

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment