Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Change of Plans

We didn't end up going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art after all. LauraAnn, and I walked to Cafe Lalo for lunch. This was the cafe where a scene of You've Got Mail was filmed! It was located in the Upper West Side, which we all agreed was our favorite part of NYC so far. It's a lot more laid back than other parts of the city.

Outside Cafe Lalo


Coffee with steamed skim milk

We all ordered Lalo's favorite salad! It contained portobello mushrooms, sauteed cauliflower, avocado, bell peppers, tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It came with an assortment of freshly baked bread that I dipped in olive oil.

We heard the cookies at Levain Bakery were the best in NYC, so we stopped by after lunch.


I settled on the Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie. It was really dense, thick, and soft on the inside. I loved the texture!

We made a trip to Trader Joe's! I love how cheap everything is and wish we had one in Birmingham! I bought Sunflower Butter, whole-wheat couscous, and dry roasted, unsalted slivered almonds.

How cool is that! There's a separate escalator for the shopping carts.

I also bought a running jacket and pullover at Lululemon in addition to my TJ's purchases.

We stopped in a chocolate shop for afternoon tea!

I am feeling much better after two doses of Dayquil, a Vitamin Water Zero, hot tea, and a veggie-centric lunch! I'm taking a break in the room and just ate a Pink Lady. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the two bites of Laura's walnut chocolate chip cookie that I had were so good! Your picture of the cookies makes me want another pinch of one... maybe the chocolate with peanut butter chips!

    ReplyDelete