Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Spring Break is officially here! No more tests, quizzes, projects, or homework for a week. As I'm writing this blog post, I'm sitting on my couch and watching American Idol. Sometimes it's so good to be home.

I kept breakfast pretty simple this morning. A mix of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins with skim milk.


i went back to Birmingham after my Italian class and met my mom for lunch at Olexa's. This is one of my favorite lunch spots, and it looks just like a French cafe inside. My mom and I both ordered the Portabello and Smoked Gouda panini with mixed greens. We couldn't stop raving about how good the sandwich was during lunch!


After lunch, we went to an art show at my dad's work. There were so many cool paintings. We got a painting of the outside of Bottega, our favorite restaurant in Birmingham. Later in the afternoon, I had a hair appointment and got a color, cut, and eyebrow wax. I'm all set for New York now! 

I watched this week's episode of Glee when I got home and ate a Honeycrisp apple. Two things: 1) Landslide might be one of my all-time favorite songs. 2) Darren Criss is so dreamy. 

My mom cooked a delicious dinner tonight. Turkey meatballs with sauteed onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, half of a baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli, and buttered wheat bread. It's been so long since I've had a home cooked meal!


I had two Dove dark chocolates with almonds and strawberries for dessert. Now I'm about to start the packing process for New York. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to start packing too! I just had to Google Darren Criss, but when I realized who it was, I wanted to tell you, I LOVE him too! Especially when he did "Hey Soul Sister"... So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unbelievably excited about Saturday! Also, tell your mother I am very impressed with her dinner:)

    ReplyDelete