Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rainy Day

We ate a late lunch yesterday at Callaghan's Irish Social Club, a local favorite. In the spirit of Mardi Gras, I ordered a Blue Moon (I really wanted a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan but they were out). They are known for their burgers, but I was really in the mood for seafood yesterday. I got the fish po' boy with blackened tilapia and a side of tomato cucumber salad. We started off with an appetizer of spinach artichoke dip and French bread.





It started raining pretty hard yesterday afternoon, so the parades were cancelled. We went to an IMAX movie called Lost Worlds. This wasn't the best I've ever seen, but the "nerdy science girl" in me does love a good IMAX movie! Afterwards, we stopped at a quaint coffee shop called Cream & Sugar. It was so cute inside, and they even had an oatmeal bar! It is my dream to open up a coffee shop/oatmeal bar, and I've never seen one in Alabama before. Needless to say, I got a little excited! I ordered a coffee and an Orange Dreamsicle cake ball. Yum!



 We ate dinner at Mary Alice's house and started off with some appetizers and red wine. Her parents are great hosts!

Brie and Multi-Grain Crackers

Chips and salsa

The main course was an awesome chicken and orzo pasta salad and some grapes. It was so fresh and would be the perfect picnic food!

Strawberry Cheesecake Quiche for dessert. 

We were pretty tired, so we stayed in and watched Secretariat. Disney always makes a good movie!

I woke up this morning to MA's dad's famous waffles topped with strawberries, blackberries, and maple syrup. And a good cup of coffee!

With all of the other delicious desserts, we didn't get to the King Cake! But, we are taking it back to school with us!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh two of my favorite things- IMAX movies and of course, the horse person in me LOVED Secretariat. I kept thinking the Mom was going to get together with the trainer the whole time. Didn't it seem like that? I've never thought of an oatmeal bar, but that would be the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen!! Fun weekend! We will be together next weekend:) Also, I am all for your oatmeal bar- Do it!

    ReplyDelete